1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and spices.
3. In another bowl, stir together vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, eggs and orange juice. Fold in flour mixture and pour into a greased loaf tin.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Test with skewer for doneness. If the cake is browning too much, place a piece of foil over the top and return to the oven.
5. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove from tin. This cake also freezes well